Viking Spring...
This vignette depicts (3) vikings coming down off the high timber towards the valley below in the early spring with the melting snows.

The (3) miniatures are Reaper (metal)...the size of the piece is (6" x 6") and (8" tall/back ground level)...the foundation base is constructed of ceiling tile...and the piece is completely scratch built.

Comments and feedback are welcomed and appreciated.

[Image: VS.001_zpsb1aevs7g.jpg]
[Image: VS.002_zpsphqpvdt0.jpg]
[Image: VS.003_zpsox4y3t6r.jpg]
[Image: VS.004_zpssxx4rdwo.jpg]
[Image: VS.005_zpsfxisc7ed.jpg]
[Image: VS.006_zpshrdbu3lt.jpg]
[Image: VS.007_zpsqtibkrjl.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes catdancer's post
Very nice, what was used for the icicle?
(02-17-2015, 01:30 AM)djdjthenon Wrote: Very nice, what was used for the icicle?

djdjthenon;

Thank you for your feedback...appreciated!

The icicles (in this case) were made from fine clear acrylic rods...heated and stretched into pointed ends.

Paul (Catdancer)
[+] 1 user Likes catdancer's post
I am pretty sure I have an unpainted version of that mini from the bottom-most photo. Can't forget those super-curly horns.

What was this piece originally created for?

(02-17-2015, 12:50 PM)pendrake Wrote: I am pretty sure I have an unpainted version of that mini from the bottom-most photo. Can't forget those super-curly horns.

What was this piece originally created for?

Hi pendrake;

Glad to hear from one of my fellow members from Reaper...greatly appreciated!

The piece was built for the Reaper contest last year (titled Nordic...or something like that)...it was my first contest entry after joining Reaper. There were (if I remember correctly) about 8 entries...and this piece was not considered for any position...didn't even receive any comment of worth or merit!

The irony is that about 2 months later...we had the Vegas Con Invitation in Las Vegas and I entered this piece...winning 1st place for (small fantasy vignette)...among 38 pieces in the category!

Paul (Catdancer)
I'm not a huge fan of Reaper minis, but these ones are nicely painted. I also like the variability in the turfing.
(02-20-2015, 03:24 PM)Munin Wrote: I'm not a huge fan of Reaper minis, but these ones are nicely painted. I also like the variability in the turfing.

Munin;

Thank you for your comment(s)...greatly appreciated!

I on the other hand, really like many of the Reaper miniature figures (metal only)...I hate the " bones " figures that they now produce!

I also like Hasslefree and Wyrd miniature figures!...These are about the only figures that I work/deal with on a regular basis!

Paul (Catdancer)