Ogryn Jungle Fighter
This is a small vignette that features an Ogryn Catachen jungle fighter on a jungle path. The vignette is (6" x 4")...built on ceiling tile and was built for a contest that Reaper held last year. The piece was built for contest display/participation only and/but not for judging and/or competition. The figure is a 28mm metal GW/Citadel miniature (one of the very few GW figures that I have used in/on/for projects)!

Any and all feedback will be welcomed and appreciated!

[Image: post-11942-0-90443000-1401650547_thumb_zpsx2uyxfgh.jpg]
[Image: post-11942-0-04618100-1401650691_thumb_zpsbsp6viah.jpg]
[Image: post-11942-0-31320200-1401650616_zpss2fesyoa.jpg]
[Image: post-11942-0-82084400-1401650653_zps7gz12tgo.jpg]
Wow. That is an ancient Ogryn mini. Like, from back in the Rogue Trader days. Where did you find it? Was it provided as part of the commission, or was it one you had lying around? What a Blast from the Past.
(02-20-2015, 03:27 PM)Munin Wrote: Wow. That is an ancient Ogryn mini. Like, from back in the Rogue Trader days. Where did you find it? Was it provided as part of the commission, or was it one you had lying around? What a Blast from the Past.

Munin;

Thank you for your reply...greatly appreciated!

Ancient...(NO)...very old...(YES)!...This is (1) of the very few GW/CITADEL miniatures that I purchased way back when!...I loved the looks of the figure the moment I saw it (and I am not a GW and/or WARHAMMER 40K fan)!

I enjoy doing jungle type/style vignette pieces and when the situation/chance came up...it was the exact figure that I wanted for the piece that I built!

Paul (Catdancer)
I really like how the ground cover is blended on this piece. It's got such nice variation near the path, looks very much like a mossy path.

Are the plants more cleverly adopted fake plants? They look pretty well coloured, were they painted?
(02-20-2015, 07:49 PM)Caleb Wrote: I really like how the ground cover is blended on this piece. It's got such nice variation near the path, looks very much like a mossy path.

Are the plants more cleverly adopted fake plants? They look pretty well coloured, were they painted?

Caleb;

Most of my jungle plants, jungle scrub leaves, jungle palms (low & tall)...start off as craft shop (satin leaves of varied sizes and shapes)...I cut/trim them to the proper size(s) and form them into multi leaf plants, scrubs and trees!...The coloration on most of my jungle pieces is done with alcohol artists ink stains...very little to no painting involved.

My ground cover (on this and most all my pieces) is my own blend of real desert dirt, real desert rocks, real desert mosses/lichen, dark potting soil and some 6 to 8 kitchen spices...all mixed to the desired look that I am trying to achieve......At times (if required/needed for the piece); I will mix in real rust scrapings, real broken glass and/or other such items that the scene might need.

Paul (Catdancer)
No wonder the dirt looks so real, it is real.
[+] 1 user Likes Caleb's post
(02-21-2015, 12:01 AM)Caleb Wrote: No wonder the dirt looks so real, it is real.

I think that your last simple sentence is completely rich and most humorous...I laughed out loud when I read it!!!
[+] 1 user Likes catdancer's post