The Post With All The Scales
Is there any chance you could also add 1/72 and 1/35 to the list as well? Big Grin

(As i'm about to do some 1/72 German (winter) soldiers - I'll probably be using them in Bolt Action instead of the normal heroic 30mm guys)
@Caleb: batteries! I think you are onto something; Is the AAA ubiquitous world-wide?
What about, raw, unpainted MDF as a consistent backdrop?
What type of figure or model might exist at all (or a lot) of the scales?

@DJ: They've been added. I have a sneaking suspicion that 1:35, as manufactured, was/is intended to result in 2 inch soldiers.

MDF might be a good choice for a neutral coloured background.

I think AA and AAA abound worldwide, although I have about 50 AA for each AAA.

As for miniatures, I have an abundance of rank and file pike infantry in 2mm, and a few 28mm guys with halberds for Mordheim. It occurs to me that miniatures need not be consistent, as long as they are all standing at approx. full height.
I had no idea that 1/35 was such an oddball scale Cool appreciated though!

An idea for the scale thing - wouldn't a vehicle be much better fitting? Say a Sherman Tank - as they exist is most (if not all) the scales on the first post, rather than using minis?

And yes, AA and AAA batterys are the same (size) worldwide.
I know intuitively how tall most people are. I have no clue of the actual dimensions of a Sherman tank.

Using a human sized figure seems like it would be more effective, given that scales are derived from the height of a standard person (at least on paper).
To get 1:1200 figures I think we will need to order some from Shapeways (and perhaps create the master file as well).

What nominal scale are Flames of War soldiers?

I wanna say 15mm for Flames of War..

I don't think I've ever seen 1/2000 infantry.
Thinking about this as a project for when I get a real computer.
I personally have:
54mm medieval figures
50?mm ww2 figures
30mm medieval, fantasy, sci-fi figures
25mm medieval figures
20-15mm FoW figures
6-10mm fantasy (Warmaster)

(01-21-2015, 12:39 PM)Caleb Wrote: I know intuitively how tall most people are. I have no clue of the actual dimensions of a Sherman tank.

Using a human sized figure seems like it would be more effective, given that scales are derived from the height of a standard person (at least on paper).

Big Grin Yeah, that's true - my point being, at least a Sherman tank will scale correctly all the way through the range.
If you're going to use minis, you should agree on a style or perhaps even manufacturer...My suggestion would be (if possible) a Roman Legionnaire (non-heroic) I do believe they exist in most of the range or perhaps a WW2 figure - rather than mixing and matching different genres, manufacturers, time scale etc etc.

MDF Background sounds fine (hell, you could even add a steel rule next the fig too)
I don't know that it's critically important to have a specific type of mini at each scale, as long as they are somewhat similar.

At 2mm, you can barely differentiate between pike and shot infantry, and cavalry. Tongue

I think as long as it was a human across the scales you'd be fine. A 28mm scale dwarf doesn't really give someone an accurate idea of the scale, or at least not as intuitive of one.