Random boat talk
(03-23-2015, 05:54 PM)Caleb Wrote: I don't know how well it would do given the depth and size of the lake we use.

I think something that could be towed behind a boat would be better.

Heart A radio controlled, floating weed-whacker barge, modelled to look like a dredge of course...

(03-23-2015, 11:16 PM)pendrake Wrote: Heart A radio controlled, floating weed-whacker barge, modelled to look like a dredge of course...

Shark. Laser. Head.
Well, this is fresh water we're talking about here, so perhaps it ought be:

Snapping Turtle. Laser. Head.
I used to have an orange Hulled SY4 when I was a wee nipper (aka a kid) used to love going to the park with my dad and sailing it across the boating lake...no idea what happened to it though Sad
(03-22-2015, 06:05 PM)Caleb Wrote: Looks like a great day for some freesailing!

My weather was halfway decent, so I got a chance to check out how the steam launch would run.

I was quite pleased. It ran for probably 45 minutes or so on a tank of gas.
That is brilliant. Quite a whistle on it. Are you not tempted to go up behind people and give them a blast of it? Moves through the water nicely.
Every time I see this topic, it reminds me of my own boats.  A bit bigger than what you guys are talking about, but still fun to build.

[Image: 7522495966_612b97498c_z_d.jpg]

-Elroy
[+] 2 users Like TaltosVT's post
(03-27-2015, 04:04 PM)TaltosVT Wrote: Every time I see this topic, it reminds me of my own boats.  A bit bigger than what you guys are talking about, but still fun to build.

1. 1:1 is a valid scale for this thread.
2. I don't understand where the sail goes on a boat like this.
3. I read your location as 'Jutland'; "No wonder he's into boats!"

These are just too awesome! I know a few people with 'yaks who seem to be into it, but not at this level. They all have their plastic injection-molded yaks that I wouldn't be caught dead in. But your work on the other hand, I'd float it. I just need a bigger pond.
[+] 1 user Likes Tob's post
Great looking yaks indeed! I've got an ancient fibreglass canoe that I fixed up. Would love to build one from scratch, but that may be a project for much further down the road.
(03-27-2015, 10:02 AM)TAC Wrote:

My weather was halfway decent, so I got a chance to check out how the steam launch would run.

That is brilliant. Quite a whistle on it. Are you not tempted to go up behind people and give them a blast of it? Moves through the water nicely.

Most people aren't shocked by the whistle. Maybe a bit surprised that its there, but nothing major.

The rc crocodile that frequents the pond gets quite a reaction from dogs though.
(03-28-2015, 02:09 AM)Caleb Wrote:
(03-27-2015, 10:02 AM)TAC Wrote:

Most people aren't shocked by the whistle. Maybe a bit surprised that its there, but nothing major.

The rc crocodile that frequents the pond gets quite a reaction from dogs though.

Has anybody ever tried creating a R/C nessie or sea serpent?