46.67%
7 46.67%
vampyrevenom - "Fungus Stump"
53.33%
8 53.33%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Voting closed!
The first time you see the poll, you should see the 2 entries and a radio button next to each for you to choose who you would like to cast your vote for. Once you click one of the buttons and then the 'vote' button, you will see how many votes each entry received. Andy might be on to something if you did not actually click one of those buttons first.
(04-27-2015, 09:45 AM)MellyMonkey Wrote: The first time you see the poll, you should see the 2 entries and a radio button next to each for you to choose who you would like to cast your vote for. Once you click one of the buttons and then the 'vote' button, you will see how many votes each entry received. Andy might be on to something if you did not actually click one of those buttons first.
Hi AndySlater & MellyMonkey...

I just turned on my computer and everything is back to normal!

I had not cast any vote prior to clicking the (vote) button. Since this is/was my 1st COMP entry with your site...and since I am one of the two participants (entries)...I thought that it would not be ethical for me to cast a/any vote!

I am not familiar with your rules/regulations...in all other contests I have been a participant in...a participant/competitor does not vote on his/her own entry!

So now I know (for all future COMPS that I might take part in on your site)...I must cast a vote to see the voting data!

If it is not too late; please add my vote to vampyrevenom (Fungus Stump)!...Thank you!

Paul (Catdancer)
[+] 1 user Likes catdancer's post
Paul,

We can't add votes on behalf of somebody else, the mechanisms don't allow for that.

The count is hidden because way back we found that people were voting for "the underdog"... who then went on to win, or come a lot closer than they should, because a few people came along at the end who genuinely preferred their entry. We figured that hiding the results until a person had cast their vote would result in a more honest outcome.

As for the ethics, this has also been discussed way back and we found there was a mix of about 50/50 between people who thought it was okay to vote for themselves (and did so) and those who thought that was morally wrong to do so. So, a matter for your own conscience depending on how you'd feel about losing to somebody by 2 votes and realising afterwards that the 2 votes that clinched it for them were yours and their own.
(04-27-2015, 04:32 PM)AndySlater Wrote: Paul,

We can't add votes on behalf of somebody else, the mechanisms don't allow for that.

The count is hidden because way back we found that people were voting for "the underdog"... who then went on to win, or come a lot closer than they should, because a few people came along at the end who genuinely preferred their entry.  We figured that hiding the results until a person had cast their vote would result in a more honest outcome.

As for the ethics, this has also been discussed way back and we found there was a mix of about 50/50 between people who thought it was okay to vote for themselves (and did so) and those who thought that was morally wrong to do so.  So, a matter for your own conscience depending on how you'd feel about losing to somebody by 2 votes and realising afterwards that the 2 votes that clinched it for them were yours and their own.
Thank you Andy;

I was not familiar with your policy...Now I know!

Paul
(04-27-2015, 04:08 PM)catdancer Wrote: I am not familiar with your rules/regulations...

Rules and other comp information can be found here.
Congratulations vampyrevenom! Smile 
You can now choose the theme and guidelines to the next competition, if you wish. I've created the sub-forum for Comp III that you can post the initial thread into. If you would rather not, let me know and we will find a substitute.
Thank you to you and catdancer for participating!
Congratulations vampyrevenom...on a well deserved victory/win with your " Fungus Stump " diorama piece in the COMP II contest just ended!

Paul (Catdancer)
[+] 1 user Likes catdancer's post