Tour De Yorkshire
The Tour De Yorkshire cycle race went past where I live about an hour ago.

[Image: 10987644_10153818395888082_8384545570195126565_o.jpg]

These guys are crazy.  The route today has taken them up hills I'm reluctant to drive up.  And this is only day one of three.  Crazy.

Top floor of the building in the background is where I live.

I believe the helicopter was Sky News.

Guy stood in front of the bollard blowing a whistle and waving a flag in order to prevent crashes said it was well scary.  I think I'd have stood behind the bollard... a long way behind.  Wink
Three quick comments:

1. Awesome photo! Residence, bikes, helicopter.
2. Wikipedia does not have a photo for the Tour De Yorkshire yet; this would be a good one.
3. Never mind the bollards, here's the TDY.
[+] 1 user Likes Tob's post
There will probably be photos on Wikipedia before the end of the weekend but I'll keep an eye on it and figure out how to upload this one if there aren't. Smile
I say separate the pros from the amateurs - don't warn people of the bollard. If they miss it, awesome. If not, they maybe shouldn't be riding their bikes at those speeds anyhow.  Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Munin's post
Wait; I thought of another one:

(05-01-2015, 11:22 AM)AndySlater Wrote: The Tour De Yorkshire cycle race went past where I live about an hour ago

With a soundtrack by Kraftyerk.

[Anyone under 40 years of age click here for explanation of reference.]
[+] 1 user Likes Tob's post
My road has been busy every weekend since April with masochist bikers.  I see them get a glimmer of hope as they pass the house -they just pedaled miles up a moderately steep grade and finally reached the top.  The dangerous part is that the last half mile has had no shoulder and plenty of blind spots with rednecks driving too fast.  Everybody needs a hobby!
[+] 1 user Likes Brushmarks's post
Did you just point out to the internet: exactly where you live?
(06-13-2015, 11:35 PM)SethDrallitoc Wrote: Did you just point out to the internet: exactly where you live?

Yeah.  Andy Slater is my real name too.  I understand that other people might feel the need to be wary about those things, but I don't.  If I'm missing something, please let me know.  Perhaps there are issues that I am unaware of?  Smile
[+] 1 user Likes AndySlater's post
If someone breaks into your house and steals all your flocks, glues and interestingly shaped styrofoam blocks... You will know it was one of us.
[+] 1 user Likes SethDrallitoc's post
(06-14-2015, 01:21 AM)AndySlater Wrote:
(06-13-2015, 11:35 PM)SethDrallitoc Wrote: Did you just point out to the internet: exactly where you live?

Yeah.  Andy Slater is my real name too.  I understand that other people might feel the need to be wary about those things, but I don't.  If I'm missing something, please let me know.  Perhaps there are issues that I am unaware of?  Smile
No issues. I have now found your facebook page too. 

I am going back and forth right now on whether I am visiting Yorkshire in the coming May. I have friends there and my sister will be driving through (en rout to Newcastle) - so we had this plan to fly over to England and spend time with my family in Portsmouth then drive up with my sister to Yorkshire and spend time with my two best-friends there...

Would it be possible if I do come, to meet up... I would really love to see your design space and tools etc. (If that seems weird - I too dabbled for some years in jewelry design and I have to say: I love your stuff!). To have a general chat with someone I consider so knowledgeable in so many interesting fields - seems like a chance not to be missed.

Anyway. Nothing is set in stone right now. We have the funds, but it comes down to this trip or a second bathroom and I personally am leaning towards the later. I love my family but they are all planning to visit me here in New York next year and I would like to have more bathroom options when they do.