My Wood Elves
I'm working on my Armies on Parade at the moment and I'm doing wood elves.

Here's my treeman in all his glory, painted to resemble a silver birch

[Image: DSCN2699.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2698.jpg]

And the horses for my wild riders, I can't afford to have a real horse so I took great care in making them all unique, all but one are based on rescues at Kilmarnock Horse Rescue which is based about 10 minutes away from me

[Image: DSCN2686.jpg]

This is just the start, obviously I've got the riders to paint, the remaining pieces for AOP will be a spellsinger, dryads, wardancers and wildwood rangers. I'm also planning on adding bluebells to all the bases, if I can ever get the flowers worked out Big Grin
From Hell We Cometh, Into the Light, Hide, Take Cover, Throughout the Night
Yours, Eternally Damned

Vampyre Venom
[+] 3 users Like vampyrevenom's post
(05-04-2015, 03:11 PM)vampyrevenom Wrote: Here's my treeman in all his glory, painted to resemble a silver birch...

I picked up the birch vibe immediately. Excellent work!
The horses look great.
It always bothers me when a unit of horses all look the same. Just seems off.

The variety with these is really nice though.
I'm glad my treeman was a success, my dryads will follow suit shortly  Smile

I'm happy with the way the horses came out as well, I used reference photos from a charity facebook page for all but one so they're all based on real horses, although not necessarily completely accurate due to camera angle. I'm looking at getting variation in the elves themselves as well, I want them to feel real. I'm playing with hair colours and skin tones to add some variety, but I'm also planning on some variety in their clothing. Being wood elves, I figure they wouldn't have mass produced clothes, more a case of here's the basic colour(s) here's the basic uniform style for your unit, go make your clothes sort of thing, or at the very least variations caused by hand dying the fabrics  Big Grin  and they will have different fletchings on their arrows as archers normally do, I've chosen to match them to their saddle cloth so I know which rider fits on which horse.

On that note, the first rider is complete, strawberry blonde hair for her

[Image: DSCN2703.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2704.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2705.jpg]

[Image: DSCN2706.jpg]
From Hell We Cometh, Into the Light, Hide, Take Cover, Throughout the Night
Yours, Eternally Damned

Vampyre Venom