Drallitoc's Lost Jungle Temple
DAY 1

So with the end of 8th edition Warhammer comes the end of the continent of Lustria.

Seems to me like as good a time as any to finally start some Lizardmen terrain.

Here is the progress I made yesterday:
[Image: IMG_9785_zpsipj9wpv0.jpg]

A huge thank you to Terrainwench/MellyMonkey for her youtube tutorials and gidian-gelaende.de for all their inspirations (though google translate is not really an effective way to read a German forum).

So glad to see terragenesis getting this reboot. I have been a lurker on this site for over a decade - It's great to finally contribute something.
[+] 3 users Like SethDrallitoc's post
That looks excellent. I have questions:

Where did you get the Glyph Plaques that appear on the sides?
Do you plan to scribe some stonework on the sides of the stairs?
Is the metal object at top center a magnet for attaching a model of some kind?

And finally,
Mind if I post a link --TO--> this thread on Lustria dot Com? (A lizardmen army forum.)

(06-14-2015, 02:08 AM)pendrake Wrote: That looks excellent. I have questions:

Where did you get the Glyph Plaques that appear on the sides?
Do you plan to scribe some stonework on the sides of the stairs?
Is the metal object at top center a magnet for attaching a model of some kind?

And finally,
Mind if I post a link --TO--> this thread on Lustria dot Com?  (A lizardmen army forum.)

They are push mould castings of metal pieces that GW released way back when. A friend just let me look through his Lizardmen bits box and borrow any parts I wanted. I use Instant Mold to create the negative and fill it with Milliput. Once hardened you can pop them out and re-use. I attached them to the side with construction adhesive.

The sides of the stairs - I have not decided yet. There will either be stone or more glyphs. 

The metal object is the head of a 4" nail. It added stability while gluing - and yes magnets will be used to attach an array of different tops. A sacrificial alter - A religious icon - a large gong (for warning of incoming Skaven attack) - communication beacons (lit and unlit)... and whatever else I think of. So we can use it for multiple purposes and scenarios in games. 

By all means please do. I went there for inspiration before I started so posting a link there will complete the circle. 
[+] 1 user Likes SethDrallitoc's post
Nicely done, can't wait to see the different modular tops.  Cool
Ooooo, glad to be of service! I really like the way the glyph design areas go out at an angle so it's smaller at the top and wider at the bottom level. Good idea to make the top more versatile, too. I'll be watching this one.
(06-14-2015, 07:29 AM)SethDrallitoc Wrote: ...By all means please do. I went there for inspiration before I started so posting a link there will complete the circle. 

Done. Smile

DAY 2

Casting and casting and casting. Mostly the same glyph plates but I also made these bone tiles:
[Image: IMG_9793_zps1hcqcoeu.jpg]

I got a start on the first temple top. The gong:
[Image: IMG_9813_zpsaopggy8f.jpg]

Made from Skaven and Lizardmen parts, some embroidery thread and some bits of sprue melted and stretched over a candle.
[+] 2 users Like SethDrallitoc's post
Love the melted sprue!
Been away on holiday for a bit. Had a wonderful time touring the great lakes.

Bought a ton of plastic plants to use later and kept a journal of designs that I wanted to build when I got back.

DAY 3
Experimented with my paint scheme:
[Image: IMG_9610_zpsv70vcsms.jpg]

Began work on the pool of Sotek (again - did some paint scheme experiments):
[Image: IMG_9612_zpszzdpbkv7.jpg]

And started work on the big guy:
[Image: IMG_9615_zpsasipfrns.jpg]
I love the color variation in your stonework!