Difficulty making
A friend of mine has tried several times to register for this site over the last week and has been unsuccessful. She is currently stuck at "pending".

Are there any known issues with registration right now?
Yes. I've just sent her another email about this.

I will mention it briefly here as well so maybe it will be seen by others (because we all know how well FAQs get read Tongue). Certain email providers pre-screen emails generated by our forum software. It's common to have emails like this end up in your junk mail folder until you give your email the "this is safe. Deliver to my inbox" approval. For whatever reason, certain providers take it upon themselves to make that decision for you and terminate the email delivery before it ever makes it to your inbox OR spam... So, in the registration process, the confirmation email to complete the setup of your user account is purged before it even makes it to you. This would be the same for any PMs you would recieve through the forum or notifications that there is activity on a thread you are watching.

As of right now, the only solution we have is to ask our members to try re-registering with an alternate email address - one hosted by a different provider. Companies that we know for sure purge our messages from off the top of my head are: Hotmail, MSN, Outlook, and AT&T. I know there have been a few others. Gmail and Yahoo are examples of hosts that DO accept messages from our forums.

Some people have been understanding and willing to try again; others find it irritating and not worth the effort, but right now that's all we can do. Andy has some thoughts on a few re-coding solutions to try, but the last time I talked to him he was not in a position to work on this.
Hmm... I know in this case that she checked her Spam and Trash folders and never saw anything from TG, but she did get the personal messages you sent to her. However I do believe she uses AT&T. I'll see if she can try again, but making up a new email with someone just for TG may be too much of a hassle as you said. Smile

Hoping to get to building real soon!
As an admin, I can see the email address people register with. I've been sending her emails from my personal account. So that has been directly email-to-email. Not through TG.
Ah, perfectly clear to me now. Thanks for all you do to keep TG running. Big Grin
Yeah, this happened to me - I used my usual email (a hotmail one) and never received anything - it was deleted automatically (sadly Hotmail can't/won't delete all the ACTUAL crap that I receive...)

I got a personal email from melly and I joined up using an ancient / unused gmail account - its a bit rubbish, but hey ho!
(07-04-2015, 04:48 PM)MellyMonkey Wrote: Yes. I've just sent her another email about this.

I will mention it briefly here as well so maybe it will be seen by others (because we all know how well FAQs get read Tongue). Certain email providers pre-screen emails generated by our forum software. It's common to have emails like this end up in your junk mail folder until you give your email the "this is safe. Deliver to my inbox" approval. For whatever reason, certain providers take it upon themselves to make that decision for you and terminate the email delivery before it ever makes it to your inbox OR spam... So, in the registration process, the confirmation email to complete the setup of your user account is purged before it even makes it to you. This would be the same for any PMs you would recieve through the forum or notifications that there is activity on a thread you are watching.

As of right now, the only solution we have is to ask our members to try re-registering with an alternate email address - one hosted by a different provider. Companies that we know for sure purge our messages from off the top of my head are: Hotmail, MSN, Outlook, and AT&T. I know there have been a few others. Gmail and Yahoo are examples of hosts that DO accept messages from our forums.

Some people have been understanding and willing to try again; others find it irritating and not worth the effort, but right now that's all we can do. Andy has some thoughts on a few re-coding solutions to try, but the last time I talked to him he was not in a position to work on this.

I signed up with gmail and had no problems getting my confirmation msg.
I would suggest checking the spam settings and checking the spam forlder, but mine came to my Inbox.

I have sold terrain all over the world for more than a decade.
 There are email conversations for every single job.
In that time my spam experience has been limited to hacked hotmail and yahoo accounts.
 when ever I get an email from some one I know or have done business with it is 100% of the time a hacked yahoo of hotmail account.
 I never get spam from hacked gmail accounts.
 seems it just doesn't happen Smile
Yahoo and Hotmail are apparently super vulnerable
(07-04-2015, 05:08 PM)MellyMonkey Wrote: As an admin, I can see the email address people register with. I've been sending her emails from my personal account. So that has been directly email-to-email. Not through TG.

as a mater of personal security you might create an account specifically for the Admin gig.