Calling all Dr Who fans
Hi Guys,

I haven't been around much because it's been tough since my partner (life AND business) moved out in April.  I'm getting past it and the depression has lifted to the extent that I'm making progress with my business again.  However, unless I get a significant boost to help me through these still early days on my own, I'm going to end up having to move to a smaller flat and having to sell my car, laser cutter, milling machine, and other gear, not only to cover the cost of moving, but also because I'm unlikely to have room for it, or for terrain making either for that matter.

Okay, so, enough of the sob, story.  Here's the fun part with which I hope you can help:

[Image: 20631388714_eee9683dcd_z.jpg]

Just in case you don't know what you're looking at, it's a sterling silver pendant that says "I ate fish custard" in a circular Gallifreyan script.  Dr Who fans will immediately grasp the significance, while others will not... and that's kinda the point really: something fellow Whovians will recognise while lesser mortals will see it as being just a pretty pattern.

That one was designed and created by me, however I want to get them cast, in silver and in pewter, and I've set up a kickstarter to do it:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/527239849/i-ate-fish-custard-gallifreyan-script-pendant

The thing is that while reaching target will get the project off the ground, I need to do much better than that if I'm to buy myself more time in this flat to get some of my other projects off the ground and to build up my product ranges and client base... and ultimately a regular income.

Here's where you can help:

If you know any Dr Who fans, or any people who might know some Dr Who fans, or you frequent places where you might find some, please do bring it to their attention and help me to promote this.  It's a fine piece of jewellery if I do say so myself, and the cast versions will be equally pretty... all I need now is for people to be made aware that it's available.

Hope you can help, and thanks in advance for doing so.  Smile
I shall share it with my peeps shortly. Smile
Best of luck with the goal. Hopefully you can stay put for awhile yet. Nothing makes hard times harder than having to pack up and move on top of it.
[+] 1 user Likes MellyMonkey's post
Later today I will go post it on Reapers Forums if it is not there already. They have a dedicated section just for kickstarters. I think this one will qualify. It is the one section of their boards where they allow commercial links.

Let me know if you rather I didn't for some reason. Confused

There are a lot of gamer/sci-fi/fans/geeks/whovians on that board...it is a very routine thing on that site for board members who are not involved with a given kickstarter to post about one.

(09-09-2015, 01:22 PM)pendrake Wrote: Let me know if you rather I didn't for some reason.  Confused

Please post it.

It's already gone over 50% of what I need to make the project happen... but I need it to do much more than just happen.  So far so good though.  Smile
[+] 1 user Likes AndySlater's post
It has been posted.

(It was saying you are at 484 out of 608 goal at the moment I posted about it.)
(For me it is autoconverting to USD.)

(09-11-2015, 03:48 AM)pendrake Wrote: It has been posted.

(It was saying you are at 484 out of 608 goal at the moment I posted about it.)
(For me it is autoconverting to USD.)

Thank you.  Much appreciated.

Now at 79%.  It's going to happen as a project but I need about 500% to be able to stay in this flat.  n.b. that's not the total cost of staying here... that's the extra I need on top of income from other things I'm doing.  Smile

"Launch Party" tonight on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/events/1627906804140495/

Hoping it might turn into a "We Got Funded Party".  Should be a giggle either way.  I'll be starting at 5pm GMT and will be there until I pass out.  Smile
Pendrake has or had a bookof theface page. Pity I don't remember how to login to it.

(09-12-2015, 08:45 AM)pendrake Wrote: Pendrake has or had a bookof theface page. Pity I don't remember how to login to it.

Don't worry about it.  There was only me there.  Bit of a damp squib really.  But hey: I WAS there.  Smile
Kickstarter is currently at about 150% funded, so these will get produced.

It ends next Sunday and anybody wanting one at the kickstarter price needs to get in there now. They WILL be made available from andysworkbench.com after that... but at a higher price.
[+] 1 user Likes AndySlater's post
Congratulations! Smile
[+] 1 user Likes MellyMonkey's post