Need an advice about 3d printing scenery
Hello guys,
I found this tonight : Kickstarter project;
and i really want to know if you think it s a good idea to pledge ? I think it's funnier than scratchbuilding but i don't really know if i have to buy a 3d printer ... I want to buy one for a while but i can't decide ....
Any advices ?
(01-28-2016, 07:29 PM)Grimvald Wrote: Hello guys,
I found this tonight : Kickstarter project;
and i really want to know if you think it s a good idea to pledge ? I think it's funnier than scratchbuilding but i don't really know if i have to buy a 3d printer ... I want to buy one for a while but i can't decide ....
Any advices ?

The buildings being offered are petty boring. 

You have to already own a printer and software etc.

It just doesn't seem worth it to me.

I'd rather have the fun of building it myself.  
I finally bought a 3D Printer and pledge on the project,
I try my printer with a free STL file given to everyone on the FB page of Vialudibunda.
It's really cool to create an entire gallow from nothing Smile
Look at those pictures man, it doesn't look borring at all. It seems pretty awesome !

[url=http://www.servimg.com/view/19416294/7][/url][Image: maison4]
Seeing this picture actually solidifies my opinion. It's boring.

I could quickly and easily scratch build something better - though I understand that not everyone has the time for such endeavours.

To those people I say go ahead!

I think though, that the company might have been better off creating elements of buildings - rather than actual finished ones. A selection of doors, windows, chimneys, lean-tos etc - that could be used in conjunction with the classic foam-core, balsa wood and cardboard buildings.

That would be nice.

These are just bleh and with the ability to produce unlimited numbers of them - you can have a table-full of bleh in no time.

Again... Just one terrain-builders opinion. I mean no offense.
Woohoo ! They finally propose a new pack with a 3D Printer ready to print ! I m so excited ! and it seems to be some Drow building incoming ! Can't wait for this !

Da link below : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vialudibunda/real-3d-fantasy-scenery-to-print-for-rpg-and-warga
(02-18-2016, 04:26 AM)Grimvald Wrote: Woohoo ! They finally propose a new pack with a 3D Printer ready to print ! I m so excited ! and it seems to be some Drow building incoming ! Can't wait for this !

Da link below : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vialudibunda/real-3d-fantasy-scenery-to-print-for-rpg-and-warga

OK. This confirms that this person is just promoting his kick-starter and created an account to do so ( doing the same thing over on the Underempire.net forum). 

Can we move this to the promotions section please? 
I had a sneaking suspicion that was the case.

However: Back to the original idea - This would be way more appealing if it was just bits of buildings rather than the whole thing. Like door and window frames, textured floorings etc. I can see a bigger market for those things than I can for full buildings

Edit - just had a look at the dark elf building and honestly it's pretty good. It's way more complicated than I could probably build myself - not that I ever would because dark elves are not space marines....
(02-18-2016, 10:24 AM)SethDrallitoc Wrote: Can we move this to the promotions section please? 

Done.
Not sure if this thread is a direct promo of a Kickstarter or not, or what. Based on the pics posted so far I would be disinclined to back it.

ReaperMinis forums has a special section for Kickstarters. They do moderate it to make sure it is hobby related, but otherwise they cheerfully allow kickstarters to be mentioned / promoted.

@Melly :: I would like to propose that TG emulate Reaper's KS policy, have a special KS section on these boards, perhaps limiting it to KS that relate to terrain products.