Welcome to the Jungle
This will be a hodge podge of additions to my Jungle terrain set. I am trying a few new techniques and design ideas.

Hopefully starting a jungle themed Frostgrave campaign (if such a thing is possible - My rulebook is still in the mail).

Yesterday I began this little snake statue:
[Image: 26819143705_fd2c5b7674.jpg]

There is still a lot of detail I want to add - this was really just meant as a test piece.

Today I also began testing out my new palm tree idea:
[Image: 26546799350_a91d632d76.jpg]
[Image: 26213867494_09fb177a53.jpg]

Not 100% happy with the trunk - will work on that. I will make a proper tutorial when I start the next one - it will be less blue.
The trunk is not that bad. Looks similar to the lines and rings of a palm tree.

If you need to make any fig type trees - I found that a gauze bandage soaked in PVA glue and wrapped around an armature looks pretty close
(05-04-2016, 04:14 PM)SethDrallitoc Wrote: This will be a hodge podge of additions to my Jungle terrain set. I am trying a few new techniques and design ideas.

Today I also began testing out my new palm tree idea:
[Image: 26546799350_a91d632d76.jpg]
[Image: 26213867494_09fb177a53.jpg]

Not 100% happy with the trunk - will work on that. I will make a proper tutorial when I start the next one - it will be less blue.

That looks like blue painter's tape?  I have some masking tapes lying about in colors besides that one. There is one that is lime green and another that is Robin Hood/Lincoln Green.

Had you considered drinking straws as the raw material for the trunk?

The trunk is a drinking straw wrapped in painters tape. The leaves are painters tape over picture wire.
The tree trunks look fine as they are - they do have that kind of look (and i'm looking at one though the window now Smile )

With regards to playing FG with a Jungle table - yes, you can set it anywhere really. If you go onto the FG Forums, someone there has made an Egyptian / Middle East table and called it DustGrave Big Grin There's nothing specific in the rules that says it MUST be in a frozen city.
I am very interested to know how you are going to paint the foliage. I keep wondering if you a smoky going to dunk it in green paint.

Does 'MossGrave' work for the jungle version? Cf. DustGrave; FrostGrave...

Refining my entry idea. I plan to complete in the allotted time:

1 Pyramid of the Snake
3 Palm-tree bases
1 Temple of Bones
1 Serpent Statue

Yesterday I began working on the Pyramid the construction is nearly finished and will be ready for paint before the end of the day.

I have been taking work in Progress pictures... I will upload them when I get time.
My hand is starting to cramp from all the brick engraving - Time to show you what I've done (Much sooner than expected).

I grabbed my pink insulation foam, measured and drew out my shapes:
[Image: 26905975451_ec3e74e7d2_c.jpg]

Stacked the shapes and glued them into place:
[Image: 26701068860_0bb3f269e6.jpg]

I took this whole piece out to the hot wire cutter, and cut out a gap for the staircase - then I carefully cut the snake headed balustrade:
[Image: 26369199144_d28b05d2c5.jpg]

Then I used scraps of foam-core to create the stairs:
[Image: 26941051366_de694d7bfc.jpg]

Then I went to town with the decorating:
[Image: 26974486395_8d4566b0f3.jpg]

While doing this I had National Geographic documentaries playing in the background. A detail flashed up on the screen of a temple decoration on a Mayan Temple somewhere in Guatemala. I grabbed a scrap of foam-core and tried my best to recreate it:
[Image: 26370353663_32f54cc76a.jpg]
I'm pretty impressed with it - it will definitely play a part somewhere in my temple building.

I'm currently stuck with a small problem on the back of the piece. I forgot to remove the pricetag on the foam and it got caught on the hot wire cutter - leaving me with a couple of imperfections in my foam. Anyone have any recommendations for fillers? I want this piece to look flat:
[Image: 26941104026_68e08ce01a.jpg]
(05-12-2016, 02:57 PM)SethDrallitoc Wrote: [ ... ]

I'm currently stuck with a small problem on the back of the piece. I forgot to remove the pricetag on the foam and it got caught on the hot wire cutter - leaving me with a couple of imperfections in my foam. Anyone have any recommendations for fillers? I want this piece to look flat:
[Image: 26941104026_68e08ce01a.jpg]

Now you know... where the moss is gonna grow...

(05-12-2016, 03:18 PM)pendrake Wrote: Now you know... where the moss is gonna grow...

Dodgy I really didn't want to resort to that. I wanted these ruins to look somewhat maintained...