Modern Day City Rooftop Boards
Hi there fellow table-toppers! I'd like to share a little project that I have been working on and have just launched on Kickstarter to try and get funding for it - that might be of considerable interest for anyone whose right into epic rooftop battles and modern day city scenery but has never been able to find Printed Modern City Rooftop Boards for RPG and their tabletop games.
I've created two giant 27x18" detailed city roofscapes with vents, fans, ducting, stairs, satellites dishes, air conditioners and more perfect for using in RPG's. Considering the lack of modern day printed rooftops - it seemed like a good thing to work on and offer up. I hope you agree, and will support me to make these first sets so that I can offer a wide range of new add-ons in future such as new buildings, new arrangements, monuments, hi-level security areas, runways, smashed roofs, laser fences, SAMS, toxic waste spills and much more - and that you please will help me spread the word to other RPG fan groups or anyone or anywhere you know that might be interested in getting hold of some Modern Day City Rooftop Printed Board Designs. Thank you!

Here is the link - questions welcomed!

[url=https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gametilewarehouse/the-manhattan-project-modern-roofscapes-for-rpg[/url]
Clicking the link leads to a 404 Error. Sad
My sincere apologies! The project is funded with just 9 hours to go.

The correct link is: Urban City Rooftops

[Image: fece91f21709b8b3435b78b6f8f19cfd_origina...578e09083f]

[Image: 11cad1423f7dc03510b441052ef9b696_origina...a25db88c8f]

[Image: d50ffa1783711a8130052687883a2ab7_origina...6242c8f39a]

Kind Regards,
Kris
Interesting project. Glad it funded. The link is still broken. (Second one worked; you could edit the first one as well.)

Regarding "Isometric": ummm,

[Image: a5b1fa2e840b8b6934d42939d4f7ed6255a9d949...f86d0f.jpg]

(Sorry, but I used to do Isometric Drawings for a living...)

(07-06-2016, 09:18 AM)pendrake Wrote: Interesting project. Glad it funded. The link is still broken. (Second one worked; you could edit the first one as well.)

Regarding "Isometric": ummm,

[Image: a5b1fa2e840b8b6934d42939d4f7ed6255a9d949...f86d0f.jpg]

(Sorry, but I used to do Isometric Drawings for a living...)
(07-06-2016, 10:04 AM)gtw2015 Wrote:
(07-06-2016, 09:18 AM)pendrake Wrote: Regarding "Isometric": ummm,

Thanks man. In reply to your meme: Would it infuriate you too much if I replied 'Isn't it Ironic..." ? Wink
(07-06-2016, 10:08 AM)gtw2015 Wrote:

Thanks man. In reply to your meme: Would it infuriate you too much if I replied 'Isn't it Ironic..." ?
Actually, I am merely confused by your double post...

...going forward you should be fine as long as you refrain from selling to jurisdictions that get serious about truth-in-advertising laws.

That said, I don't know how I would describe these drawings (what I can see of them) 
axonometric, nope; 
isometric, nope; 
perspective, nope;
plan views ...?  ...not exactly.  Undecided

(07-07-2016, 02:34 AM)pendrake Wrote:
(07-06-2016, 10:08 AM)gtw2015 Wrote:

Thanks man. In reply to your meme: Would it infuriate you too much if I replied 'Isn't it Ironic..." ?
Actually, I am merely confused by your double post...

...going forward you should be fine as long as you refrain from selling to jurisdictions that get serious about truth-in-advertising laws.

That said, I don't know how I would describe these drawings (what I can see of them) 
axonometric, nope; 
isometric, nope; 
perspective, nope;
plan views ...?  ...not exactly.  Undecided

Stylized top down views?
[+] 1 user Likes Blocky's post
(07-07-2016, 07:31 PM)Blocky Wrote: Stylized top down views?
I can't fault that on accuracy...marketing types might not be excited by it.
_________

If I was doing this project, or specifying how the product was created, I would make each individual building a separate mousepad/game matte.  Then the buildings could be arranged different ways to represent new places.

Also, a stack of ten mouse pads could represent a ten story building, particularly if each individual floor was printed on each pad in the stack.

Sorry gents - the double-post was an accident, the comment itself was intended as a joke that probably didn't t'r'a'nslate. < See that. This is what my present keyboard does, every now and then, keys jam, so it's probably what caused the double post.

I didn't mean to come off as flippant - I respect your feedback and must admit that I have used the wrong word unknowingly, and thought I had created an isometric design. I will fix it going forward, describing it as just a 'dense city top-down view.'

I love the idea of the mouse-pads/mats as stackable. There were buildings issued with the set as extras that were separate mats that could be laid over the base templates to make changes. But I will consider your idea for future projects. Thanks Smile

Kind Regards,
Kris