Kid Zone plllllz???
Some of us were talking on another thread (http://www.terragenesis.uk/showthread.php?tid=429&pid=3943#pid3943) and thought that it'd be really cool to have a section where we document our attempts to indoctrinate children ... I mean document terrains or models our kids, or children in our lives, have made. I know a lot of us like to encourage new generations and new people to carry on the hobby, so why not have a place for the under XX age crowd? And also cause kid terrains are like SO ADORABLE OMG and we're missing so much giggles and awwws if we don't have a section like that!
Great idea Smile
I can get behind this! I don't have any - but I could borrow some maybe....
Sweet..... let the brain washing begin!
(06-21-2016, 09:38 PM)SethDrallitoc Wrote: I can get behind this! I don't have any - but I could borrow some maybe....

Yes, please borrow children. And then when their parents come you can be like "But I just wanted them to make terrain.." It will be the weirdest crime story of the month.
(06-22-2016, 03:09 AM)BlueMeander Wrote:
(06-21-2016, 09:38 PM)SethDrallitoc Wrote: I can get behind this! I don't have any - but I could borrow some maybe....

Yes, please borrow children. And then when their parents come you can be like "But I just wanted them to make terrain.." It will be the weirdest crime story of the month.

I don't think you know what borrow means Blue! Borrowing with intention to give back shouldn't lead to criminal activity! If thats how things end up when you 'BORROW' things you really should start returning them, especially any children you have 'BORROWED'! lol Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Arkadine's post
As things stand now, I'm sure that children are already more than welcome to contribute to our existing forums. Smile

However, there are advantages in having a separate space set aside for their contributions where everyone involved would know that the creators were under age. Viewers would know to judge the works accordingly and to tailor their comments appropriately. Forum moderators would be able to give the forum special attention, not only to make sure that commenters behave themselves and that the tone stays particularly positive, but to help protect the children from sharing more than they should about their personal selves. It might even be a good idea for every post in a child-centered forum to have to be reviewed before it is made visible to the public, though I'm not sure if our site is set up for such a thing. Perhaps a special moderator or set of moderators would keep a close eye on it. Likely accounts involving underage humans should have parent/guardian approval/involvement.

All the nitty-gritty practical stuff aside, I think the idea of making out site more welcoming and supportive of younger creators would be a wonderful thing.  Children are innately creative, love to share, and benefit greatly from the input and feedback of others (suggestions, praise, and positive criticism), especially from adults. This is true of pre-schoolers through teens. We terrain builders, by definition, enjoy making things just as children do. And we patrons of TG, by our choosing to be here, enjoy sharing our craft and techniques with each other in a positive way. Also, the parents/guardians/teachers/reliatives of creative children do not always have the skills or knowledge to best support their charges in every endeavor. Having a safe space online of knowledgeable adults to help would likely be appreciated (minimal cheap safe tools, project suggestions, clean-up, safety concerns/what products to avoid, resources for materials, etc.).

The terrain building community at large could strongly benefit from reaching out to support the next generation of creators, and younger creators would benefit from the wisdom, support, and enthusiasm of adult builders. Our site in particular seems tailor-made to be at the forefront such an effort. Smile
[+] 2 users Like ableman33's post
Just posting because I forgot to subscribe to this thread! Sorry guys!
The trouble is - forums are dead! I've been reaching out all over the place, spreading the word about the reboot of TG and I keep getting the same response. Forums are a thing of the past, there are faster and better ways to share things now.

You are going to attract a following of kids, where we can't get a following of 20-40 year olds?
In that case what about a thread here on TG for those of us that want to share the work of our young'uns?
Maybe that would be a more achievable goal?