WoW Legion Inspired Board Using Mostly Recycled Materials
Greetings to anyone that reads this! I recently got into the hobby of Warhammer Age of Sigmar and 40k around 3 months ago. I didn't stop at the models though as I have been researching and trying to build terrain for the last two months. In the last month I pressed forward and decided to make my own table, but my wife being the evil wicked lady she is said my budget couldn't exceed a certain amount so I was forced to improvise. I jumped right into a recycling center and started digging for goodies! I went to my local Dollar store equivalent and bought filler putty/caulk and some spray paints. I'll post the pictures I have already and continue to update with the progress that I make! Please fill free to give me some pointers! I'm open to learning!

http://s50.photobucket.com/user/Atomicantwonomous/library/
Will post new updated photos within the next 24 hours as I have new progress, but haven't taken the photos yet! I have managed to start the cracking effect that I want for the terrain. Also can someone tell me how to post some bloody photos in the post? I can't seem to do anything other than post a link for my photo bucket. Thanks guys and gals!
(09-22-2016, 12:33 PM)antwonomous Wrote: Also can someone tell me how to post some bloody photos in the post?

1. Yes!
2. Welcome to TG!

To embed photos in a post, upload your photo(s) to your photobucket as usual. Then create a new post here (or edit an old one) and click on the 'Insert An Image' icon in the toolbar right above the text box. It's up there in the middle between 'Insert A Horizontal Rule' and 'Insert A Link'; roll your mouse pointer over the icons to see which is which. This will pull up a small window where you can paste in the URL to your photo on photobucket, then click 'OK'. You'll see your photo URL pop up into the text box between some image tags and you're good to go. Add more text or photos and hit 'Post' and your photo will appear for all to see.

Can't wait to see your stuff!
Looks like it'll be Broken isles right? (the starting area)
(09-22-2016, 06:55 PM)djmothra Wrote: Looks like it'll be Broken isles right? (the starting area)

Yeah! I'm going to experiment and do a bit where the grass is lively and then starts to die out as it gets near my "Fel" craters. Sort of like the energy is sapping and killing the environment around it. I'll have summer grass go into dead/wintery grass. Should be an interesting gamble!
(09-22-2016, 03:06 PM)Tob Wrote:
(09-22-2016, 12:33 PM)antwonomous Wrote: Also can someone tell me how to post some bloody photos in the post?

1.  Yes!
2.  Welcome to TG!

To embed photos in a post, upload your photo(s) to your photobucket as usual.....

Getting the URL from photobucket can be tricky...
I am attempting it with your second photo out of the album:

[Image: File_000%203_zpsgpfdscoa.jpeg]

And it did not work because photobucket is kinda obnoxious about divulging the URL to the original image. Because recently it has become very determined to drive traffic into photobucket so that it can present an unending string of pop up adds. 

Trying again:

[Image: File_000%203_zpsgpfdscoa.jpeg]

OK, that worked. 

[+] 1 user Likes pendrake's post
Here is my update guys! Sorry I've been super busy with work and school! This morning I decided to play around with the "Fel" effect by using some paint I had laying around. I was not disappointed! I am definitely excited by the results. What do you guys think!?

[img][Image: File_001_zps2xjkq9df.jpeg][/img]

[Image: File_002_zps304hhnkr.jpeg]
That does look very close to the actual in game area Smile

Can you tell us what colours you used and how please?
Whereas I am not familiar with the source material, I do like the look of this table. I can only presume the green glow is radioactivity and the technique is really good.

The general texture reminds me of lava or maybe the results of a nuclear weapon.

This table might be good for Necromunda too, or any post-apoc type games.