I'll be back. </Austrian Accent>
I never really understood why Gary James, the creator of TerraGenesis, quit so abruptly after handing the site over to me. I still don't, and though I'm sure his reasons for doing so were different from mine, perhaps I have a greater understanding of his need to do so having done pretty much the same thing after handing control over to Melly Monkey.

For me, the intervening months have been a mixture of pretence, deluded isolation, anti-depressants and psychotherapy. Long time members will remember the time when I posted by virtue of having smuggled an Internet dongle into the psychiatric hospital, to which I was confined, in my underpants (seriously: I am not making that up), but will also hopefully tell you that I really am called Andy Slater, really do live at the address given on the domain name ownership documents, and am honest and trustworthy despite sometimes being regarded as being "as mad as a bag of frogs". Seriously: I like making wargames terrain; did y'all think for a second that I was sane? Wink

Seriously though (though for the benefit of newbies: all of the above IS true... and I don't care how knows it), I'm hoping to jump back in again in the not too distant.

Melly was in touch a while back to inform me that there are updated versions of the forum software available. I plan to install those upgrades real soon. My apologies for not having done so earlier. I really have been having a rough time of it.

I also hope to jump back in as a MEMBER of the community. From what I can see, Melly has been doing a great job of running things in my absence and I have no desire to interfere with that. Only to join in the fun once again.

2015 and 2016 have been two of the shittiest years of my life. I'm hoping to make a comeback in 2017. See y'all there. Wink
[+] 5 users Like AndySlater's post
I understand how you feel, Andy. My life fell apart for a few years after my wife died, I let myself go, lost my house, and lost most of my belongings. And just when I thought my life was over, I decided I didn't want to go yet. And through an amazing set of circumstances, I have someone in my life, a place to live, and I don't worry if I'll eat today. Don't give up, don't ever give up. It may not be tomorrow, it may not be next month, but you have to believe that things will get better. I look forward seeing your next project.

Don
[+] 2 users Like HobbyDr's post
It's great to see you back Andy Smile

Jase-0
Great to hear from you Andy! Take your time, do what you gotta do. We'll be here!
Cheers guys.

I do now feel ready to "make a come back".

It took me a long time to understand what happened, and how and why I got myself into that situation.

I've come to understand why I seem to have a knack for getting myself into situations like that. Why I've done stuff in the past, why I thought the way I did, and most importantly: how to change that. I've come to recognise and understand a number of weaknesses that get me into trouble, motivations that tend to lead to me being unhappy and getting taken advantage of, desires and thought processes that lead to me taking on too much, becoming overwhelmed, and getting out of my depth.

I've identified, and become vigilant about watching for, the early warning signs.

In other words: I feel like I'm regaining control of my life, and confidence in my ability to be in control of it rather than a "victim" of it.

I say "regaining" as opposed to "regained" because this stuff isn't second nature yet. I'm still having to "check myself" i.e. the desire/instinct is to do X and I have to remind myself where that leads and say "No" to it.

So on the whole: I'm feeling pretty good about 2017... and I think you're going to like some of the "new tricks" I've learned while I've been away. Smile
[+] 4 users Like AndySlater's post
(12-01-2016, 12:35 AM)AndySlater Wrote: Cheers guys.

I do now feel ready to "make a come back".

It took me a long time to understand what happened, and how and why I got myself into that situation.

I've come to understand why I seem to have a knack for getting myself into situations like that.  Why I've done stuff in the past, why I thought the way I did, and most importantly: how to change that.  I've come to recognise and understand a number of weaknesses that get me into trouble, motivations that tend to lead to me being unhappy and getting taken advantage of, desires and thought processes that lead to me taking on too much, becoming overwhelmed, and getting out of my depth.

I've identified, and become vigilant about watching for, the early warning signs.

In other words: I feel like I'm regaining control of my life, and confidence in my ability to be in control of it rather than a "victim" of it.

I say "regaining" as opposed to "regained" because this stuff isn't second nature yet.  I'm still having to "check myself" i.e. the desire/instinct is to do X and I have to remind myself where that leads and say "No" to it.

So on the whole: I'm feeling pretty good about 2017... and I think you're going to like some of the "new tricks" I've learned while I've been away.  Smile

That's a nice new...and made me pushing to rejoin this community...nice to see you again (to every "veteran") and nice to know you ("new" ones). Stay rock, Andy
[+] 1 user Likes gregbag's post
Andy, Greg, it would be great to see both of you posting again.

[+] 1 user Likes pendrake's post