Comp Theme & Guidelines
An oldy but a goody....
This competition theme is: "In Ruins," meaning all entries should be of places and/or objects that are obviously be damaged by time or war. Hopefully we'll get some nice examples of weathering techniques from this one.

There is no size or material requirements, but your project must be 50% or more damaged or weathered. So, if you're thinking of building an old barn, less than half of it would still be standing. Another example would be an abandoned helicopter; the majority of it would need to be rusted, and/or paint chipped, and/or broken to qualify.

This type of idea has been used a couple times in the past on the old forum, so I thought we should have a record of one here. I've provided a link to some of those previous comps if you need some inspiration!

Old & Rusty
Weather It
Forsaken
Fallen Over
Ruins
Well I'm back and I'm bringing the Apocalypse with me.
When I was super confident that I was going to be the only one entering last month - I came up with the next comp idea. It was to be titled: In Ruins.

Terrain builders think alike I guess.
Interesting...Do I need more Frostgrave and Mordheim Scenery? Hmmm...
I recently got into WW2 gaming (Chain of Command, if you're curious), so ruined stuff is well-timed for me. I've been wanting to put together some ruins for a Monte Cassino scenario. This might be the impetus I need to actually get started on it!
I'm not sure about the final thread, do we have to start it or Melly?
(02-21-2017, 03:56 PM)Alabastero Wrote: I'm not sure about the final thread, do we have to start it or Melly?

It's an admin responsibility.  I don't know if Melly is still responsible for this competition thread till the comp ends of if Andy has taken over already.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens.
Shouldn't we tell anyone, like Melly or Andy?
Melly had stepped down as admin so anything like this should be brought to my attention.

I guess I should say, and here is as good a place as any, that a big part of the reason I gave up being Admin the last time around was because the competitions became a huge source of irritation to me.  Consequently, this time around, I want as little to do with them as possible.

I am currently unfamiliar with how the competitions work on this forum software.  I don't want to bother Melly with an enquiry.  The reason she's stepped down is because she's busy busy with real world stuff.  So if somebody can tell me what's needed, I'll sort it out.

nb: I am now monitoring this thread so if you post here to say what you need, I will see it.
(03-03-2017, 03:09 AM)AndySlater Wrote: I am currently unfamiliar with how the competitions work on this forum software.  I don't want to bother Melly with an enquiry.  The reason she's stepped down is because she's busy busy with real world stuff.  So if somebody can tell me what's needed, I'll sort it out.

If you create a Final Entry thread in the Important threads section - People who participated can put up their final entry pictures. 
Then a poll thread can be created for people to vote.