Devastated Room of Devastation
Okay. I really want to get an entry finished this year. So I am going to do a small entry that I can spend heaps of time working on the details.

I have had a wacky idea for making my own tabletop game based on the game Thief. 1 player will control the thief and the other will control the guards. So, I'm planning to make a modular system of rooms and corridors that can be put together in different configurations for different missions (ie: spacehulk). I'm still noodling out the rules and ideas but terrain seems a good place to start.

I plan to build a room - 4" x 8" with walls that reach 3" high. The room will be filled with busted furniture, rubble, damage and spiderwebs. So hopefully this fit the theme enough.

It should only take me a day to get the structure built and then plenty of time for details.

C&C's welcome.
Update:

I have started cutting the wooden tiles to make the floor - I'm going with a classic black and white tiled floor.

That's as faras I've gotten as I started googling models to use with the Thief game and found some cool stuff...
Sounds like a good plan! Can't wait to watch it come together.
Progress!

[Image: 20170124_153330.jpg]

Got the walls, floor and have started on the tiles.
Another update -feeling like I might finish this one.
[Image: 20170130_114455.jpg]

Tiles are pretty much done. Somehow I miscounted or maybe just misplaced some but I have to cut a few more to finish off. Walls are cut and I just have totexture - I've been googling the old thief games to stay true to the textures they used and I have some good ideas. Hoping to finish the structure this week so I have a fair bit of time to do the details.
[+] 1 user Likes Blocky's post
Lookin' good so far!
Keep it up, I have faith in you.

Are any of the walls going to have a doorway? Or is this a stand alone room?
(02-03-2017, 08:25 PM)MellyMonkey Wrote: Keep it up, I have faith in you.

Are any of the walls going to have a doorway? Or is this a stand alone room?

There is a door... I was also going to put a few windows in, but realised that I forgot about them completely (do'h) and it's probably too late! I'll see what I can do.

I am not going to glue the front wall in place, so it can be lifted out to get a better view of the insides. I may use magnets (in the future after the comp) to hold it in place.
I was starting to think that I wouldn't get close to finishing. But I've had some time today and managed to get all the wall segments pretty much done (I cut some windows in and have to think about how I want to do them- some kind of broken glass look I think).

Hopefully I'll have the entire weekend to stick it together and then get to work on the details and weathering. I should have enough time to get it in.
Made some good progress this weekend.

Finished the basic walls:
[Image: 20170211_171912.jpg]

Glued them to the base and got some details in:
[Image: 20170213_082840.jpg]
[Image: 20170213_084329.jpg]
[Image: 20170213_084350.jpg]
[Image: 20170213_084336.jpg]

So, the basic clean skeleton of the room is done. Now to devastate and ruin it!