ANNOUNCEMENT- Re: Site Administrator II (The Return of the ****)
Assuming that you read Melly's post, you'll be aware that she's stepped down as Admin, and that I'm returning.  I put the 4 stars in the thread title in the hope that, in appreciate of the LotR pun, you will insert the word "King".  Any other four letter words: remember that this is a family forum and inbox me.  Wink

I no longer believe in god, fate, truth, or justice, however sometimes the planets align and in the last couple of months:

1. Melly has contacted me regarding her need to step down

2. I found some rather nice glass domes on eBay that have prompted a desire to make some terrain pieces

3. I have been contacted by a publisher who wants me to write a book on terrain making.  Contracts are not yet signed but appear imminent and this will result in a lot more terrain making.

4. The terragenesis.net domain name was offered to me and about half an hour ago: I bought it.

What any of this means, if it means anything at all, I cannot say.  What I can tell you however (and sticking to the LotR theme), is that there may come a day when TerraGenesis ceases to be... but it is NOT this day.  Wink
[+] 3 users Like AndySlater's post
Good news all!
[+] 1 user Likes Munin's post
(01-24-2017, 03:58 PM)AndySlater Wrote: Assuming that you read Melly's post, you'll be aware that she's stepped down as Admin, and that I'm returning.

HAIL the conquering hero!

AndySlater Wrote:I have been contacted by a publisher who wants me to write a book on terrain making.

That's awesome! They called the right guy.

AndySlater Wrote:... sticking to the LotR theme...

I want to be Tom Bombadil.

Levity aside, it's great to see you getting back into the groove.
[+] 1 user Likes Tob's post
I thought #2 was pretty exciting until I read #3! That'll be amazing! Hopefully all of the things pull together into a great year for you.

Thank you again to re-taking the reigns on this. I appreciate it. Smile
(02-03-2017, 08:30 PM)MellyMonkey Wrote: Hopefully all of the things pull together into a great year for you.

Well, it continues: the contract is now signed so the book is definitely a go.  But get this: I also managed to contact the owner of the terragenesis.com domain name, and we're currently in the process of transferring it to me.

Now all I need to do is remind myself how to post pictures on here, and I can show you where I'm up to with the first two domes.  Wink
[+] 1 user Likes AndySlater's post