All natural entry
#11
Continuing on
[Image: 34355022712_da9ffe3674_c.jpg]

In order to allow the stream I used two separate pieces of foam. I took a minute here to temporarily place my fire ring, roc, and stack of fire wood. The fire wood is made from pieces of toothpicks painted brown and glued together.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


[Image: 33673487204_5da7fe0535_c.jpg]

A little closer view of the fire wood stack.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Image: 34130208810_41f70a06a0_c.jpg]

I base coated the foam. I don't really pay attention paint colors so I don't know the names of the colors. Also the paints I use for the most part are craft store water base acrylic. I didn't get a picture before I glued down the fire ring, rock, wood pile, and flocking. But you can see the idea.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Image: 34546012792_2f3257a578_c.jpg]

I was satisfied with the texture for the dirt created by just painting the foam. I decided to apply sand to the water and shore. I did this by thinning out white glue with water, brushing it on, and sprinkling sand on it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Image: 34667441836_fec23d7a4c_c.jpg]

The water was done by building a retention area with foam and then filling the area with clear caulking.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Image: 34667442376_ec7fe2be1c_c.jpg]

Further effects were created using a syringe filled with caulking to create lines, and a toothpick was used to rough up the rapids.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Image: 34576942571_153111cff4_c.jpg]

I had envisioned someone leaving this camp site after having had a meal. So I attempted to make fish bones. The body is make of fine wires soldered together. The head and tail are tiny rocks that I thought looked good enough to represent a head and tail.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel like my WIP presentation is a little weak. I will try to do better next time.
Reply
#12
Looks good so far, I like the mixed look of the scrub and I particularly like your fish bones, gives a bit of extra character to the piece.
A light drybrush of white on the rapids should give them a more whitewater look and highlight the detail of the rough water.
Reply
#13
(05-17-2017, 12:55 PM)extraevildave Wrote: Looks good so far, I like the mixed look of the scrub and I particularly like your fish bones, gives a bit of extra character to the piece.
A light drybrush of white on the rapids should give them a more whitewater look and highlight the detail of the rough water.

I considered dry brushing the water features. However I decided to let them stand as is. I wasn't really going for a white water look. Just rough water. Thanks for the suggestion and compliments.
Reply
#14
Nice work but you need to make a few small of additions to your final entry, a brief description of the materials used, completed size, intended final purpose and a link to your WIP thread.

To make a WIP link go back to the normal threads for this comp and just place the mouse cursor over the name of your entry and the link info should appear on the bottom left of the screen.
Reply


Forum Jump: